Monday, June 18, 2007

Will you be my friend?

When I was a kid I was pretty obsessed with pen pals. In fact, our Sunday School used to write back and forth to the men and women that were off fighting in Iraq. We were always so excited when they would send us a letter back.

I never was able to get a foreign pen pal because I didn't have the resources. You must remember back then there wasn't such thing as the internet or ways to meet and communicate with other people outside of your zip code!

Now there's a new website that helps people from all over connect and offer friendly conversation.

The Penpals Network was set up so that every day people like you and me can meet and talk to people from around the world! The website is really easy to use.

In fact, on the home page you choose the language you are able to communicate in. Then it takes you to another website where you can read profiles and meet people from around the world!

I really appreciate the fact that the conversation is appropriate for children and family friendly. This is going to be a perfect website for Graem to visit (with parent supervision) when she gets older.

I think it's just great that we're in an age in time where we can do so many things that we couldn't do 15 or 20 years ago! Who would have thought that you could talk on the computer with someone 3,000 miles away?

Thanks to The Penpals Network - you can!

No comments:

Powered By Blogger