Thursday, February 22, 2007

Holy Crap.

Well, yesterday after I got home from the insemination I started feeling worse and worse. I was short of breath, had major stomach cramping, and overall just felt horrible.

I called the doctor's office and they wanted me to go to the hospital. There they did bloodwork and put me on oxygen. They tested all of my electrolytes and everything came back normal.

I have Ovarian Hyper Stimulation Syndrome. It's caused from creating tons of eggs and having very high levels of estrogen.

Basically, what's happened is that because my ovaries are so huge it's cramming all of my internal organs higher in my body and not allowing my diaphram to full fill up and that's why I feel out of breath.

This morning I went to see the doctor and he said complete bedrest til Saturday. He did an ultrasound and bloodwork and saw that I have fluid in my stomach. He plans on draining that Saturday and I'm suppose to be monitoried a few times next week to make sure that this doesn't spiral out of control with hospitalization, etc.

I hope this isn't all for nothing and I get pregnant this cycle. Of course, if I'm pregnant the symptoms will get worse.

No comments:

Powered By Blogger