Monday, January 15, 2007

Almost 3 weeks...

since I had the miscarriage and the other day I started spotting a little pink as I wiped. Not quite sure what to think of that. It could just be left over. I'm just worried I'm going to go to my ultrasound and bloodwork tomorrow and find out that the lining still hasn't left my body naturally and they will have to do a D&C.

I actually called today and asked the fertility center a few questions about using a known donor. Assuming that we might use Dennis in the future for an IVF cycle. In the past there was a guideline or something that stated the sperm had to be quarantined by a sperm bank tested and then we'd have to buy it back after 6 months. I found out today however, that they've changed that and all we'd have to do is have Dennis tested for STDs and then we could use his sperm. We could even use fresh specimens.

Still not sure if everyone's going to be ready at the same time to use Dennis --- but it sure would be awesome if it works. I'd love to have a baby that looked like both of us and had that genetic link.

But before we can even think about going that route we'd need to really talk it out with Dennis and even get a therpist or third party involved to go over all of the different scenarios. Sure, we can answer now and know that things might be/feel different...but I think the most important part of all of this is to just be honest and open about our feelings and committed to working out future issues.

It's all just a wait and see...who knows. Maybe this IUI will work with 2480 and I'll be pregnant -- and it will stick this time.

Stranger things have happened?

No comments:

Powered By Blogger