Tuesday, April 17, 2007

Get me out of here.

I'm sitting in the living room and looking outside I see about a foot of pure, white snow. It's sickening, really. It's APRIL for God's sake.

Where's spring?

I absolutely can't wait for our vacation May 11th - 17th. We're staying at a 4 1/2 star all inclusive hotel. Of course, I can't wait to eat the yummy food and drink the premium alcohol that's included in our package!

I shopped around for days for the best deal and although we got a good deal online --- I looked online and was able to find even a better deal. Darn!

I guess that's just how it goes and you take that chance with any travel that you do.

I looked for Hotel Reservations on about 10 different websites along with airline, and rental car reservations. HotelReservations.com offered some great deals on hotels and was pretty easy to navigate.



I actually ended up going through Orbitz because they offered a killer package including car, hotel reservations, and an airline ticket from Syracuse. The hardest part of booking all of this is that we had to also book a ticket for Grammy.

I had to actually book them directly through US Airways because through regular travel website you can't buy a kid's ticket without the purchase of an adult ticket and all of the travel sites required you buy both of them. Orbitz wanted to charge a fee for the ticket and I said forget that!

Who would have ever known that making travel reservations would have been so easy, yet hard. I guess the hardest part was trying to arrange travel for all three of us. Plus, we really had an idea of what hotel we wanted. So, I guess we aren't the easiest travelers to accomodate.

All in all, it's important that all travelers shop around. Each time you travel one website might offer a better deal over another --- you just have to do your homework and know your stuff!

No comments:

Powered By Blogger