Thursday, September 06, 2007

Poor Grammy.

Today I took G to the dentist to have her cavity taken care of. The dentist was this really nice old man who walked in and gave me a big hug. He couldn't hear a thing and after looking in Grammy's mouth determined that she had two cavities.

He then showed me how he wanted to put this gold tooth wrap around thing around her tooth. I just about fainted and could jsut think that my kid isn't going to have silver teeth. I begged him to see if there's anything he could do.

He gave her laughing gas and then injected the lidocaine with the needle. After scraping for some time he showed me the hole that the cavity made.

HOLY SHIT! It was deep and almost down to the gumline. Of course, I felt like a horrible parent and I should have insisted more often and for longer that Grammy brush her teeth.

He ended up filling the two cavities with the porcelin filling so you can't see it. But we are due back in six months for cleanings.

When we got home G was so tired and she was crying because her mouth hurt. I felt so sorry for her that it was traumatic and hope that she lets us take better care of her teeth.

No comments:

Powered By Blogger