Wednesday, April 14, 2010

I miss our old house.

There are times when I really miss our old house! I miss the fact that we had put so much time and effort into the house to make it the "perfect house."

I could sit down and watch a television show without having to focus on the two large holes on both sides of my tv!

Our house was also extremely energy efficient. We had a new Carrier furnace and new low-e windows that were beautiful.

I know that in the future we will be looking for Energy saving and plan on taking advantage of some of the tax credits that will be rolling out towards the end of the year.

I just took advantage of the NYS appliance swap out and purchased all new home appliances! I was able to get the $500 from NYS and an additional $300 rebate from Maytag.

If you're looking for a way to get an idea of how much home energy you use - check out microsoft-hohm.com. I signed up on the easy to use website and within minutes completed my home profile.

It confirmed exactly what I was anticipating - I should probably look into getting a new hot water heater and furnace. I also found out that over the course of a year I can save $629 by just getting a new furnace!

This summary was just what I needed to make that call and get some estimates! Plus, it's the perfect time to get a good deal on a furnace - in the spring!

No comments:

Powered By Blogger