Tuesday, April 06, 2010

Clay fun!

Our children absolutely love doing art projects. One problem with it is all is that I am not overly creative or artistic.

When Graem came home with clay art dinnerware that she had made at school I was so happy and proud! It was a little cup and it actually holds water and is so cute.

I wish that my grandparents were still around because my grandmother was extremely artistic. She worked on pottery and ceramic dolls. She had such a steady hand and could make most anything absolutely beautiful!

When I was younger I remember standing next to the hot ceramic pottery kilns. My grandmother used to pour molds of the pottery and then put them in the kiln. She made beautiful clay art plates and even goblets!

There's no doubt that she would have loved a place like AMACO/Brent! They offer quality pottery, education, and crafts products.

Maybe this spring break I should pass on the pottery tradition and introduce my children to some crafts and pottery!

No comments:

Powered By Blogger