Wednesday, November 08, 2006

Doctors appointment today

I went into CNY Fertility today because I was concerned that I had Ovarian Hyperstimulation.

I've had cramping lately, bloating, and my upper tummy is a bit bigger than it usually is! I've also been constipated and last night was my first "relief" in over a week! My boobs are still sore too.

They did an ultrasound and my ovaries were three times the size they are suppose to be. My lining looked nice and thick at 10mm. I did have some fluid in my ovaries but not enough to drain my ovaries or my chest.

I was basically told that over the next few days the embryos would be implanting and I needed to take it easy. If I gain weight, have problems breathing, shortness of breath, or severe cramping that I should call back.

Basically, if the symptoms get worse... it would mean that I'm pregnant since the HCG released by the embryo contributes to the ovarian hyperstimulation.

So, I hope I don't start feeling better! But, I really don't want to become severely hyperstimulated because it could mean draining fluid from my lungs, liver failure, and going into the hospital.

Only time will tell! Today, I'm resting on the couch and I'm really just taking it easy and drinking tons of fluids. I was also put on the Progesterone in Oil shots. I feel that they are better and really help build the uterine lining better than the suppositories. I figure I'll just do both!

Friday will be the first day I officially do a home pregnancy test -- way too early -- but I figure it'll give me something to do for the day. (Graem will be in daycare and I'm suppose to be on bedrest!)

No comments:

Powered By Blogger