Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Death.

One of my first memories of death was when I was in high school and got a call in the summer that my friend, Rob, was in the hospital with liver failure. Rob was on acne medication and supposedly over the course of a few months it had damaged his liver and caused major damage.

I went to visit Rob in the hospital and he was orange. He was on the transplant list but he was 16 and, unfortunately, the transplant didn't happen. Rob died. He was 16.

I've read recent reports of the Accutane Lawsuit and although I'm not sure this is the medication it was on...it could have been.

At 18 it was hard losing a dear friend and I can only imagine what his parents and sister felt.

I feel like the only way that these pharmaceutical companies are going to make better and safer drugs is if we demand it as a consumer.

No comments:

Powered By Blogger