Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Oysters!

bMargot absolutely loves oysters. We used to go to the local seafood restaurant and she'd get a dozen Gulf oysters and go to town!

Of course, I'm not too much into the slimy critters. I can't say I've ever tried them but I remember my parents going to an all you can eat seafood restaurant when I was a kid and watching my mom pack them in by the dozen. The whole thought of something slimy going down your throat without chewing...just doesn't do it for me.

One joke I heard recently was:

Two oysters slide into a bar - the look at each other and all of a sudden hear "Yummy" and then are seperated by a shiny, dark pink, abyss and shiny white teeth.

They scream out to each other "until we meet again."

Of course, they never meet again and their family reports them as missing oysters to the authorities.

A website that has great oyster information is beoysteraware.com. It's humorous and quite the website for the oyster enthusiast!

No comments:

Powered By Blogger