Saturday, July 16, 2011

Eating disorders.

When I was in college I roomed with my best friend from high school, Jenny. We had a great time. Our sophomore year I noticed Jenny was losing weight. I admitted to her I was gay and she admitted to me she was anorexic.

I didn't realize how serious it was until she went into the hospital and weighed 75 pounds. We went to Houston to visit her and she looked awful and so frail.

She didn't return that semester and I moved to New York. We kept in touch via email for a year or so then lost touch.

A few years ago I talked with a mutual friend who told me that Jenny passed away. I really couldn't believe it.

I wish she would have been able to beat anorexia and go to an eating disorders treatment centers.

I think about Jenny often.

No comments:

Powered By Blogger