Friday, November 12, 2010

Oh brother! Toner?

In my job I am contracted per job. The amount I am paid is dependant on the actual job ordered. The expenses sometimes are quite a bit. I have to pay for toner, paper, gas, cell phone, and my home office. What’s really been killing me is the cost of printer toner! Each one of the cartridges costs around $45.00 and I go through a color and a black cartridge ever month and a half.

The job is perfect because I really get to work on my own schedule and when the kids are out of school I get to spend time with them and make up my time on the weekend. Plus, I can do reports in the evenings when they are tucked in bed and sleeping.

I’ve thought about switching printers to find something that might print faster but I actually priced it out and it makes sense to keep my old printer because it averages around 1,000 sheets per cartridge. WHereas, the other printers do half of that amount and the toner costs a fortune. Plus, I really don’t need a high quality printer for these basic reports.

Brother toner seems to be discounted pretty good and was one of my options. In fact, the-toner.com has an awesome website that has just about every toner out there - at a fraction of the cost!! They have printer and fax cartridges too!

Since I go through so much toner I am glad that I came across a website that offers great prices and free shipping on orders over $50!

Most of their prices are up to 15% off. I looked at my HP cartridges and they are about $10 cheaper PER cartridge!

Now, if I could just figure out how to get a better deal on gas and my phone bill I would be in really good shape!

No comments:

Powered By Blogger